Tuesday 1 February 2011

That's it! Now what?

OK, so that's all the quilts up. If you haven't had a chance to send one, I'm sorry, but I don't want to extend the deadline as I have a complicated & busy month coming up.

So, now what? Well, now you get to tell me which quilts you like, and I get to try to pair them up with new owners.

What would make this task and therefore my life really easy is for those of you who like a bunch of them, but don't have strong preferences, to simply send me a list of 10-12 quilts in no particular order of preference. This makes the distribution MUCH easier. Or if you would be happy to take any of the quilts, that's fine too - I had a few people say that last time, and it's also really helpful logistically. If you do have strong preferences, that's fine, you are welcome to send an ordered list, but I know a lot of times we think - ooh, I really like that one and that one and that one and that one - that really works for me...

Please try to send me a list of a decent length - 10 to 15 is best. If you really don't like 10 quilts, you can list fewer, but I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't like at least 10.

If you have made more than one quilt for this swap, you don't have to send two lists, one is fine.

Once I have all the lists, I will try to pair up quilts.

In the event that no one puts your quilt on their list, I'm afraid you get to keep it. That's the way it goes. All the quilts in this swap are nice pieces of work, but sometimes one may not quite fit the mood of those making selections, so I wouldn't worry too much if yours doesn't get picked. I've not had this happen before, but you never know.

Any questions, just ask.

Oh, and I'd like to have all the lists back by Sunday evening (my time) next week (that's the 6th of Feb). I won't have time on the weekend to work on them anyway. That gives you a week to decide which ones you'd be happy to rehome.

In case you wonder how I will assign quilts to new owners, well, it's complicated! If there are particular quilts which are widely popular, the preference on those tends to go to the folks whose own quilts were also popular. But honestly, it's complicated and takes several days of switching, swapping and balancing!

4 comments:

floribunda said...

I can't wait, Kate! I've been keeping a running list of "yes, maybe, no" so I'll get it to you soon. I shouldn't have any trouble choosing 10-15 "yes" ones.

Plum Cox said...

What a lot of work for you - thank you for taking it on!

It won't be hard to make a list - so many lovely quilts!

barcord said...

I will find it difficult to restrict myself to 10 - 15. They are all so lovely, but will try :)

Margaret Garrood said...

This is going to be so hard with so many favourites to choose from. Thank you for organising this swap Kate- I hope it won't prove too difficult to sort out who gets what!