Wednesday 9 July 2008

Art quilt finish



Just realised while doing all this housekeeping (the swap admin type, I hasten to add, not the dusting and hoovering type) that I never showed this - Lynda's quilt for her partner. Lynda was a little worried about joining this swap because she doesn't do traditional quilts, but there are a good handful of us here who are more than happy with art quilts, so I reassured her. I know some of you might find this a little arty but I love it. Wish it was for me!

For those of you who are wondering about the construction of this quilt - check out what Lynda has to say about it on her blog...

7 comments:

Dorothy said...

oooh, I wish I could see it up close. It's beautiful!

Sarah Nopp said...

That is wonderful. I just got a whole selection of bits of this and that I will be using on an art quilt too.

Unknown said...

It's a beauty!

McIrish Annie said...

Ohhh I hope that is mine!! I absolutely love it!! maybe we should do Art quilt swap??

Anonymous said...

Know the photo doesn't do it justice. It's rich and lovely! You should be proud, and then tell us more about what and how it was created.
arras.studio@comcast.net
Oregon USA

Ann said...

Linda

This is magnificient. Is it wood? Is it leather? That's what two friends just asked me. Most art quilts that I see lately look like kids finally ran out of glue and paint.

Wil said...

It is gorgeous and it is mine!! I am waiting anxiously till the mailman will deliver it. Hopefully he comes soon.